Saturday 26 February 2011

Who am I?

I keep asking myself this question everyday, and I have come to realise that I learn something new about myself everyday. The environment I'm in determines who I am, my friends, family, music, life in general. The one thing I do know is..."I don't want to fail at anything I do" I want to leave an impact in society.

I own a student magazine called FAME. The aim of this magazine is to showcase student talent and skills. It's a lot of hard work, and i absolutely love it. I'm blessed with a team of talented and creative people, and being creative is what keeps me alive.

I'm a family guy, and I miss not having my parents and sister around me. I feel so lucky because God blessed me with the best parents in the world. My drive to succeed comes from my dad who always says "If he can do it, you can do it too" (that's always at the back of my mind when I'm having a rough day). My Mum taught me how to love and care for others (sometimes I think I don't do enough of that). The support from my sister is second to none, and that is one big reason I am who I am today... Deji Osobukola the guy who never quits.
 
I'm sure you are wondering where I'm going with all this. This is where I want share my story, my experience, my joy and pain. Sometimes you just want write how you feel, rather that speak to someone. I just want to share my experience with you, and hopefully you can learn from my mistakes and achievements. This is my blog and these are some of my stories (the ones I want to share).

You are probably waiting for me to talk about my love life right? Soon you will get to read about that and my random opinion on almost everything so stay tuned.

One day I plan to write a book, and this is where that journey starts.

2 comments:

  1. Boy, Deji, did you leave an impact in society! You left way more than an impacts. So very many people will miss you so very much! I pray for your parents and your sister. No doubt you loved them dearly and they loved you too. But we can't question God. His will, not ours. I'm just glad I got to meet you back in LASU and I'm glad for the few phone and skype conversations we had when we were both new in the school/work hussle abroad, you in Jand and me in Yankee. You knew what you wanted. You pursued your dreams. You were relentless. You inspired so many. You loved much and gave so much more.... God needed an angel and called you to his glory. I pray you rest in His bossom until we all meet again. Suun re, Deji.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deji,I've been staring at your picture on my dp and I still cannot believ it. God Knows best. We weren't close but back in LASU,you were dating my friend at the time and always thought about how your surname had my name in it. I can literally hear your voice. I last saw you on NTA a few years back when you came to Niaj to promote your mag and I was glad for how much you had grown and was doing something great. Your transition is really sad. May God grant your Family and Loved ones the fortitude to bear your loss. RIP Deji Osobukola.

    ReplyDelete